While people-watching is one of the best parts of living in NYC, sometimes you prefer to watch fictional characters. And, ideally, free of charge.
As you wait for our summer movie series to begin anew, check out some of the movie screenings on right now.
If you’re a Waterside resident, there’s
Matinee Movie Wednesdays – Wednesdays at 1pm
Waterside Residents can watch movies in the Community Center. With their neighbors – and popcorn.
- February 22nd: “Manchester By The Sea”
- March 1st: “Allied”
- March 8th: “Loving”
- March 15th: “Fences”
- March 22nd: “Nine Lives”
- March 29th: “It Had To Be You”
Pictures Under the Palms – Wednesdays (music at 5:30pm, movies at 7)
Enjoy movies, music (from a renowned DJ), palm trees and popcorn at Brookfield Place (at 230 Vesey Street).
- February 22nd: “Guardians of the Galaxy”
- March 1st: “Midnight in Paris”
- March 8th: “ Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”
- March 15th: You choose!
And Kips Bay Library (at 446 Third Avenue) has a number of movie showings:
“New Releases Movie Night” – at 4pm
- Tuesday, Feb 21st: “Magnificent Seven“
- Tuesday, Feb 28th: “Suicide Squad“
- Thursday, March 9th: “Deep Water Horizon“
- Thursday, March 16th: “Inferno“
- Thursday, March 30th: “The Light Between Oceans“
“Throwback Thursday Theater” – at 2pm
- Thursday, Feb 23rd: “The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer“
- Thursday, March 9th: “Caesar and Cleopatra“
- Thursday, March 23rd: “Mildred Pierce”
- Thursday, March 30th: “Jason Bourne“