Tonight, ReelAbilities Film Festival: New York begins!
The Urbanworld Film Festival is on now – online.
Continue reading “Urbanworld Film Festival – in Your Home”
The upcoming New York Film Festival (Sept 28th to October 15th), brought to you by the Film Society of Lincoln Center, brings you far more than escapist films: The showings at the fest are thought-provoking and mind-expanding.
It’s the perfect opportunity for a family excursion: Watch a film and then have a dinner and discussion.
The festival is where you can:
- See exceptional works from other countries – in their “Main Slate” programming (like “Félicité”,“Faces Places“) – and as part of “Revivals” (e.g. “Lucia”, “Le Révélateur)
- Watch enlightening documentaries (e.g. “BOOM FOR REAL The Late Teenage Years of Jean-Michel Basquiat“, “The Venerable W.“)
- Enjoy exciting new full-length films (like “The Florida Project” and “Lady Bird“) as well as great shorts.
- Catch world premieres (e.g. “Last Flag Flying“, North American premieres (“Mrs. Hyde“,”Piazza Vittorio“) and US premieres (e.g. “BPM (Beats Per Minute)“, “A Skin So Soft“)
- Be a part of talks and special events (e.g. with Richard Linklater, Ava Duvernay and Kate Winslet)
- Experience “immersive storytelling via interactive experiences, featuring virtual reality, augmented reality, live labs and demos” at Convergence (e.g. “Sanctuaries of Silence” and “Dark Corner VR: Night Night, Mule, & Catatonic“)
Tell us what you appreciated at the fest!
(All photos from filmlinc.org/nyff2017/ )