This Saturday, watch exciting dance, learn new dance moves, and participate in a dance battle!
Dance Parade New York is virtual this year, and their theme is “Dance Brings Us Together”.
The festivities feature dancers from around the world – with offerings of “everything from ballet to breakdance, tango to tap and Japanese to Scottish!”
There’s Latina Pop Music Legend Lisa Lisa’s live appearance and medley of her life-long work, New York Chinese Cultural Center’s performance (at 1:25pm), you can vote for other dance contestants or show off your moves while the parade’s scouts go through 1,000 cameras and spotlight those with great energy, costumes and artistry!
Hear interviews by Artistic Directors to get an inside glimpse of the stories behind dozens of diverse movement cultures inclurding Samba, Hip-Hop, Chinese, African, Bolivian and Mexican.
And: Take a dance lesson from Dance Parade’s best teachers!
A few of the fun options:
- The Boogaloo Project – Latin Boogaloo (with Amanda Cardona)
- Moksha Arts – Bollywood & Bhangra (with Punchali Kumar)
- Fusha Dance Company – Dance & Rhythms From Around The World (with Funmilayo Chesney) Kids
- Breaking League – Breakdancing (with Kid Glyde)
- Saung Budaya – Indonesian Dance (with Amalia Suryani)
- Mazarte Dance Company – Mexican Folk Dance
- 10tecomai – Japanese Yosakoi Dance
Register at: https://danceparade.org/register/