Fascinating Frames: New York Film Festival Begins Next Week
The upcoming New York Film Festival (Sept 28th to October 15th), brought to you by the Film Society of Lincoln Center, brings you far more than escapist films: The showings at the fest are thought-provoking and mind-expanding.
It’s the perfect opportunity for a family excursion: Watch a film and then have a dinner and discussion.
The festival is where you can:
- See exceptional works from other countries – in their “Main Slate” programming (like “Félicité”,“Faces Places“) – and as part of “Revivals” (e.g. “Lucia”, “Le Révélateur)
- Watch enlightening documentaries (e.g. “BOOM FOR REAL The Late Teenage Years of Jean-Michel Basquiat“, “The Venerable W.“)
- Enjoy exciting new full-length films (like “The Florida Project” and “Lady Bird“) as well as great shorts.
- Catch world premieres (e.g. “Last Flag Flying“, North American premieres (“Mrs. Hyde“,”Piazza Vittorio“) and US premieres (e.g. “BPM (Beats Per Minute)“, “A Skin So Soft“)
- Be a part of talks and special events (e.g. with Richard Linklater, Ava Duvernay and Kate Winslet)
- Experience “immersive storytelling via interactive experiences, featuring virtual reality, augmented reality, live labs and demos” at Convergence (e.g. “Sanctuaries of Silence” and “Dark Corner VR: Night Night, Mule, & Catatonic“)
Tell us what you appreciated at the fest!
(All photos from filmlinc.org/nyff2017/ )